The LALIBELLA armchair was inspired by a trip to Ethiopia and was featured on Design Week in London. Ronel Jordaan is inspired by nature and all the processes implemented in her workshop, are also eco-friendly.
Armchair Height: 100 cm
Seat Height: 55cm
Ronel Jordaan, a textile designer for 30 years, is predominantly inspired by nature and gives free reign to her imagination, creating sophisticated yet playful design pieces. Using only South African raw materials she has trained a group of women in the fine art of felting, and undertakes product development with a variety of weaving groups, creating new works that are eco friendly and responsibly produced. Through the medium of felted wool, her original designs playfully and eloquently echo organic forms and textures. In a conscious effort to alleviate unemployment, the company is dedicated to transference of skills, eco-friendly processes and a celebration of respect for the environment.
Outer 100% Merino Wool filled with high density foam and recycled polyester.
Filling : filled with high density foam and recycled polyester.
Care Instructions: all products are hand-made from 100% pure merino wool. So, do not put your Pouf on an abrasive surface. Turn over your product on a regular basis. Dust and clean your Pouf regularly as you would with a couch cushion: it is very important to vacuum your Pouf on a regular basis. Spray it with a lavender mist or insecticide every 3 months.
In 2005, Ronel Jordaan, having been a textile designer for 26 years, began researching the possibilities of using felt as a creative medium. Entirely self taught and following her own creative instincts, she began to turn fine gossamer thread into robust felted forms. By patiently rubbing and coaxing threads of pure wool into shapes in nature that inspire her, she found her direction and started a small home industry. Next she trained a handful of women to help her. Recognized for their originality and design uniqueness, her creations found an immediate market. Within a year she sought bigger premises and a year after that she needed to expand further. She has applied the felting process to create a panoply of textures and shapes, of leaves and flowers, webs, thorns, hides and bark. The most recognizable of all her products are her pebbles and rocks.Consistent with being inspired by nature, the Ronel Jordaan™ label is equally harmonious with nature; processes implemented in the workshop are all eco friendly.
- Waste grey water is recycled into organic food gardens. These lush sun drenched gardens grow in containers on the roof above their work place - a downtown Johannesburg warehouse. The vegetables, mainly morogo and spinach are for the women to take home or sell
- Soap, essential to the felting process, is a South African product and fully bio-degradable
- Although the dyes are imported from Germany, they have been specifically chosen because they are lead free and meet European Eco-Standard
- Unlike Australia, South African farmers do not practice mule-sing - docking sheep tails to prevent flystrike
- Wool traditionally undergoes a process called carbonization - a bath of hydrochloric acid and other chemicals to clean the wool. As well as a residue of chemicals left in the wool, fine protective hair follicles are also stripped away. A jersey that is itchy around the neck is because of carbonization
- Finally, all the wool used in Ronel Jordaan™ products is totally, proudly South African.
Original creations always have that little something that differentiates them from copies.
Are you purchasing furniture on the behalf of a company (small or large) or an administration? or, are you an architect, decorator, or designer?
A professional account at My-Deco-Shop allows you to benefit from best pricing conditions, and gives you access to some reserved information (3D files, technical drawings, ...)
My-Deco-Shop offers a professional service, available from 9 am to 10 am (Time zone of Paris / France) 7 days a week, to advise and accompany you in all of your projects.
We will process your request within the next hours day.
Have access to your best pricing conditions and our specialised customer service.
Write a review
Site reviews :
Title : Comment from Vincent V.
Comment : Delivered product compliant (colors including) visualization on website
Title : Comment from Michèle S.
Comment : No special comment. Very happy with my purchase