The ROCK Cushions are soft, thanks to its cover, 100% Merino Wool, hand-dyed, hand-carded, handfelted into free-forming oversized pebble's. You'll like this cushion, eco-friendly and proud to be totally south-african!
100% Merino Wool, hand-dyed, hand-carded, handfelted into free-forming oversized pebble's
Filling: 100% High density foam
Colours: Creams, Pale browns, Pale greys, Mid grey, Dark grey, Charcoal, Brown
Washing Instructions: Handwash complete cushion. Luke warm water. Stand to dry, turning regularly
In 2005, Ronel Jordaan, having been a textile designer for 26 years, began researching the possibilities of using felt as a creative medium. Entirely self taught and following her own creative instincts, she began to turn fine gossamer thread into robust felted forms. By patiently rubbing and coaxing threads of pure wool into shapes in nature that inspire her, she found her direction and started a small home industry. Next she trained a handful of women to help her. Recognized for their originality and design uniqueness, her creations found an immediate market. Within a year she sought bigger premises and a year after that she needed to expand further. She has applied the felting process to create a panoply of textures and shapes, of leaves and flowers, webs, thorns, hides and bark. The most recognizable of all her products are her pebbles and rocks.Consistent with being inspired by nature, the Ronel Jordaan™ label is equally harmonious with nature; processes implemented in the workshop are all eco friendly.
- Waste grey water is recycled into organic food gardens. These lush sun drenched gardens grow in containers on the roof above their work place - a downtown Johannesburg warehouse. The vegetables, mainly morogo and spinach are for the women to take home or sell
- Soap, essential to the felting process, is a South African product and fully bio-degradable
- Although the dyes are imported from Germany, they have been specifically chosen because they are lead free and meet European Eco-Standard
- Unlike Australia, South African farmers do not practice mule-sing - docking sheep tails to prevent flystrike
- Wool traditionally undergoes a process called carbonization - a bath of hydrochloric acid and other chemicals to clean the wool. As well as a residue of chemicals left in the wool, fine protective hair follicles are also stripped away. A jersey that is itchy around the neck is because of carbonization
- Finally, all the wool used in Ronel Jordaan™ products is totally, proudly South African.
Original creations always have that little something that differentiates them from copies.
Are you purchasing furniture on the behalf of a company (small or large) or an administration? or, are you an architect, decorator, or designer?
A professional account at My-Deco-Shop allows you to benefit from best pricing conditions, and gives you access to some reserved information (3D files, technical drawings, ...)
My-Deco-Shop offers a professional service, available from 9 am to 10 am (Time zone of Paris / France) 7 days a week, to advise and accompany you in all of your projects.
We will process your request within the next hours day.
Have access to your best pricing conditions and our specialised customer service.
Write a review
Site reviews :
Title : Comment from Marie B.
Comment : Perfect. Excellent value for money and perfectly packaged.
Title : Comment from Philippe R.
Comment : Clear advice from kind and competent people. The order complies with what we expected, what more?